[Xen-users] Multiple copies of ISO showing up under hosts

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Helms, Benny" <Benny.Helms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 12:34:46 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 17:14:50 +0000

I'm new to all this, and I'm handling a project involving CloudStack, XenServer, and XenCenter.

I've got everything installed. I created a "pool" of hosts in a cluster via CloudStack, and they show up as a pool on XenCenter with the pool being called by the name of the first host entered into the pool on CloudStack.

Things get flaky when I upload an ISO using CloudStack, and then create an instance based on it. Suddenly over on XenCenter a new storage device begins showing up under each of the 3 hosts in the pool, named something on the order of "i-2-14-VM-ISO". If left unchecked, within 24 hours there can be as many as 30 of these items under each host, using so many resources that we can no longer create any instances.

These items do not show up under CloudStack. Only under XenCenter.

My secondary storage is 1TB via NFS from a FreeNAS server.

My primary storage is 12TB via Fiber Channel using PreSetup.

Has anyone else seen this never ending duplication of ISO's based on an uploaded ISO via CloudStack? How can I correct this behavior?

Are there websites I have not found that can explain it to me? Would uploading pieces of logs be of any assistance?

Thank you very much for your help,

Benny

Under Florida Law, email addresses are Public Records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to public record requests, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.