Re: [Xen-users] Gplpv drivers make reset raid controller

> Hi,
>
> I have make more test and on the same hardware, when I running just one
> dom U with a Win 2008R2 it's ok.
> After installing Gplpv drivers
> (http://apt.univention.de/download/addons/gplpv-drivers/
> gplpv_Vista2008x64_signed_0.11.0.356.msi) the raid controler make HW
> Reset like in my last post.
>
> We have found a workaround by exporting the volume group with iscsi-scst.
> With the exported disk there is no problem.
> So the problem is only when the domU write directly to the physical disk.

One guess... with GPLPV you can probably send a lot more commands to the RAID
than with an emulated IDE driver and maybe this is causing timeouts in the
array... when you start up the second DomU does the scsi reset happen very
quickly or just after a while? If its only after a while, can you start just
one Windows 2008R2 DomU then try and generate a lot of write traffic on the
RAID in Dom0?

Also, what kernel are you using? I can't find the text "scsi cmnd aborted" in
any kernel source anywhere...

James