Re: [Xen-users] 99% iowait on one core in 8 core processor

Hi Ian,

sorry, but it's still not working..

I rebooted the server, then manually started irqbalanced just to be
sure, then started xen and the domUs.. still the same as above: every
I/O related is done by cpu0 (even after hours of running 5 domUs). i
see some spikes on the other cpu's, but i think this is due to domUs
using their assigned vcpus and xentop shows a distribution of cputime,
too..

I started irqbalance in debug modus once and it complained that my
hardware is not numa compatible. Might this be an issue? From what I
read, xen should support proper scheduling on non-numa hardware and
only the numa-support is new and might be a bit quirky..

checked my smp_affinity stuff then: currently, it shows the following for a domU
smp_affinity: 01
smp_affinity_list: 0

tried to change smp_affinity to 3f (=111111 for my 6vcpu) and it was
changed immediately back to 01.. thought that was irqbalance going
rogue but after stopd the deamon, this still happens..

so my take is: something is setting the irq to only use cpu0 and
changes i do manually or which are done by irqbalance are overwritten
constantly making irqbalance useless..

Any idea what this can be? supposently something within xen?