Re: [Xen-users] Target filesystem doesn't have requested /sbin/init.

Thanks Alexandre,

I check dmesg at initramfs and it looks /dev/xvda1 is correctly applied. This is very werid.

(initramfs) dmesg
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[    0.000000] Linux version 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 (Debian 2.6.32-41) (ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.3.5 (Debian 4.3.5-4) ) #1 SMP Mon Jan 16 20:48:30 UTC 2012
[    0.000000] Command line: root=/dev/xvda1 ro
[    0.000000] KERNEL supported cpus:
[    0.000000]   Intel GenuineIntel
[    0.000000]   AMD AuthenticAMD
[    0.000000]   Centaur CentaurHauls
[    0.000000] ACPI in unprivileged domain disabled
[    0.000000] released 0 pages of unused memory

Also, there is /sbin/init. So, it is not about the file missing.

(initramfs) ls /root/sbin/init  -l
-rw-------    1 1000     1000         36992 Jan  1  2011 /root/sbin/init

I also highly suspect whether  root = '/dev/xvda1 ro  is correctly applied.
I think the root file system is not mounted as the following command shows this at initramfs.

(initramfs) df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
df: /proc/mounts: No such file or directory

Is the above right to check the root file system mounted?

Best,
Jaeyong

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
El 23/07/12 14:26, Luceo Astrum escribió:
> Usually in my experience no /sbin/init means that you've mounted the
> wrong partition on root.
>
> Check for root= on kernel line (grub / syslinux configuration)
> and / in fstab.

Agree, very common couse. That's why i suggested Jaeyong to inspect his root FS first. His config file clearly states "root = '/dev/xvda1 ro'".

Although, sounds like a good idea to check "dmesg" output on initrd busybox prompt, to find out with that parameters was the kernel actually called.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov