Re: [Xen-users] xen manager

Just sharing my experiences with convirture:

pros:
- uses xm compatible (not xl compatible) config files
- can be used on top (or besides console voodoo)
- can be deployed (with basic features) on an already running xen server pool.

cons:
- application is extremely fragile
- has timing issues when managing a few more machines (up to ~100 vm's is somewhat ok)
- statistics come with  noticable, rather expensive workload on dom0's

I'm currently using it for giving the possibility of start/stop/migrate to some more staff which can
do these tasks quite fine, but I don't want to see them at dom0's root prompt.

Initially very complex, but after a few days of learning if found cloudstack [0] a very nice
management tool which has a lot more features when it comes to SAAS / IAAS
Just read the installation guide.

[0] http://cloudstack.org/

Am Freitag, den 27.07.2012, 11:02 +0200 schrieb Zary Matej:
> [...]

Sounds like Convirture might fit your bill (http://www.convirture.com/products_compare.php). :)

Regards

Matej