Re: [Xen-users] xen network and samba

jacek burghardt wrote:
I have guest running under xen that has  raid controler that gives me
 Timing cached reads:   6754 MB in  1.99 seconds = 3390.99 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads: 536 MB in  3.00 seconds = 178.49 MB/sec
Samba 3.6.6 gives me low performance I get around 40 mb/s over gigabit and 10 over wireless N. Is there a way to configure domu to have 10 gigabit interface and improve samba performance

Firstly, your DomU is limited to the speed of the host NICs - any reference to 100Mbps NICs is just a case what's emulated, not an indication that the speed is restricted to 100Mbps.

Note: I's some time since I've used Samba, so this may be out of date ...
Samba has many config options which can affect throughput. Some are set "conservatively safe but slow" which is one reason it sometime benchmarks badly against a Windows server. I'd suggest looking for resources related to performance tuning Samba.

Also, DomU network access relies on a thread in Dom0. It's well known that this can be a significant performance bottleneck.

--
Simon Hobson