Re: [Xen-users] Anyone managed to build 4.1.2 from source on Debian Squeeze?

On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 17:03 +0100, xenusers wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> It seems a pretty simple goal, but my build hangs forever at:

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xen-4.1.2/stubdom'
> sh ./docs/check_pkgs && make -C docs install || true
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/xen-4.1.2/docs'
> latex src/user.tex >/dev/null

Can you try
        cd docs
        latex src/user.tex
? Or edit docs/Makefile to remove that ">/dev/null". If you do that do
you get some more information about what is hanging?

Does running "ps axf" or perhaps strac()ing the latex process give any
hints as to what has blocked?

> This is a fresh, fully updated Squeeze machine (x86_64), just
> installed three hours ago.  Did I miss a dependency for Xen to build
> the docs here?  (and if so, why does the doc build hang forever
> instead of failing out if a dep is missing?)

It's a bug that it does this (either in Xen or elsewhere). However I've
never heard of such a thing so I think we'll need your help tracking it
down.

> It's possible to build 4.1.2 from source on a stock Squeeze, yes?

Normally, yes, for one thing the xen.org automated test system runs
Squeeze so all the trees are regularly compiled in that environment.

Ian.