[Xen-users] Xend highly uses CPU with multiprocessor setup

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Peter Viskup <skupko.sk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:19:22 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:21:41 +0000

Hi all,
I am experiencing issue on freshly upgraded Debian Squeeze with Xen 4.0.1 from Debian repositories. After upgrade the system with Xen was slow - no iowaits only Steal time was high. I tried workarounds regarding ACPI - only acpi=off was working but the performance decrease was quite large due to only one CPU core was active at that time. The last workaround I am running right now is to set dom0_cpus to 1 in xend-config.sxp. But this set dom0 cpus except the first one to paused state and the dynamic configuration changes are not propagated to domUs (e.g. memory [in/de]crease). Can anybody tell me how to handle dom0_cpus correctly and what can be the issue with multiprocessor setup of xend - the high cpu usage?
I already sent bugreport to Debian [1], but with no answer till now.
Thanks.

Best regards,
--
Peter Viskup