Re: [Xen-users] slipstream gplpv?

  • To: chris <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 05:46:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 05:47:23 +0000

> Hi James,
>
> Have you ever built a windows iso with gplpv builtin? What would be
> required to do this? The idea popped in my head today that it would be quite
> nice to have and would most likely speed up OS installs.

It should be pretty straight forward although I've never tried it before. The
main problem would be the installation of a potentially updated KMDF library,
and also a bit of reworking the drivers do on the first boot to make sure that
the emulated ide and network devices are disabled.

I think the slipstream process is reasonably well documented by Microsoft so if
you have the time you could just give it a go and see what happens.

James