Re: [Xen-users] compiling an old XEN version

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 12:49 PM, maheen butt <maheen_butt26@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi all,
> I want to use Xenlinux and an old version of Xen hypervisor xen 3.2.0.

My first question would be "why"?
Most of the time, latest upstream version, or distro-provided version
should work better instead of manually compiling an old version
yourself.

> Any idea why am I getting this error?
> My operating system is fedora 17 with  gcc version 4.7.0

It's quite common that certain software can only be compiled with
certain versions of gcc. Since you're using an old, unmaintained
version, I doubt anyone is going to fix that. I suggest you either:
- use distro-provided version (e.g. RHEL5's xen-3.1.2+), or
- try latest stable version (4.1.2), or at least latest 3.x version to
see if the problem is fixed there

--
Fajar