Re: [Xen-users] UEFI support in Xen

Debian Wheezy I presume.  Are you using the packaged install of Xen 4.1.3, or did you compile it from source?

I read about a video problem months ago but never ran into it.  I am guessing your grub configuration file is missing efi video modules, but I could be wrong.

Try selecting the default kernel from the boot menu so you can open up /boot/grub/grub.cfg with vi or a text edit or vi, and look for:

function load_video {
insmod efi_gop
insmod efi_uga
insmode video_bochs
insmode video_cirrus
}

Notice the two efi related lines, if you are missing them you might have to add them manually.

If that doesn't work you may have to generate grub without linux_xen, and compare to see if some other modules are being used by your system.

If it works, then after Xen boots Dom0 you want to check your available memory.  Either with "free" or "xl dmesg | grep -i 'system ram'".  If you have all your RAM available in xl then you are good, if not you may need to modify xen source:

http://serverfault.com/questions/342109/xen-only-sees-512mb-of-system-ram-should-be-8gb-uefi-boot