Re: [Xen-users] Xen is 37x slower in processing a loop

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 09:38:50AM +0100, Fabian Zimmermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2011/12/31 Mark van Dijk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Alright, you tested dom0. Are any domU's online during that test?
>
> Yes, I tested Dom0 and DomUs, both are affacted.
>
> To answer your question:
>
> The loop is slow even if there is no DomU running, but I didn't test
> if events/0 is using too much CPU if there are no DomUs running. So:
>
> - slow loop in Dom0/DomU regardless of DomUs are running or not.
> - high events/0 cpuload if DomU is running (didn't test without running DomU).
>
> Some - maybe usefull - informaton: I also detected a very slow
> vmlinuz-loading/initrd-processing while booting Dom0.
>

>From the dmesg you posted I see your system is AMD based.

There's a known bug causing big performance hit on AMD systems,
and there's a patch for it available here:
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/xen-4.1-testing.hg/rev/435493696053

You need Xen with that patch included. The patch is included in the latest Xen
4.1.3 release.

-- Pasi