[Xen-users] pygrub can't parse grub1 conf file?

I upgraded an install of OpenIndiana to 151a5 and that seemed to break my xVM
booting.  I had been running some old xen-4.0 install that was pieced together
to support ZFS booting.

Anyway, I'm using pre-made packages of xen 4.1.3 and using pygrub I get the
following:

/var/log/xen# /usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/pygrub /vm/vm.img

<grub menu pops up, I select oi_151a5 which is already highlighted>

Using <class 'grub.GrubConf.GrubConfigFile'> to parse /boot/grub/menu.lst
WARNING:root:Unknown directive background
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive findroot
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive bootfs
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive splashimage
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive foreground
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive background
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive kernel$
WARNING:root:Unknown image directive module$
[...]
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/pygrub", line 740, in <module>
   raise RuntimeError, "Unable to find partition containing kernel"
RuntimeError: Unable to find partition containing kernel

Searching around on google, I couldn't find any solutions.  Any idea how to
solve all these warnings and the partition issue?  I get the same error even if
I fall back to the old boot environment which was OI 151a2.

Thanks.

--
Mike Brancato