Re: [Xen-users] DomUs hidden behind Dom0 in the network?

Schröter, Philipp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to set up a PVM (a the moment Ubuntu as guest and Ubuntu server
> as Dom0).
> The main issue is that the DomUs can't get direct net access, because the
> access is restricted by a DHCP server that also functions as proxy to the
> outside of the network. The server controls the MAC address and only http is
> allowed as outgoing connection. So the domUs shouldn't appear as independent
> machines in the network.
> What solution would you recommend?

If you are familiar with routers you can try OpenWrt, it has a very good
build system that can generate Xen PV images directly, so you just need
to create the image and use it directly or dd it to a hard drive
partition or lvm lv. Then use this guest as you would use a normal
router/firewall and make all your DomUs use this other DomU as gateway,
proxy or whatever you need.

Roger.