Re: [Xen-users] Help in Ubuntu server 12.04 and Xen 4.1

On 22 August 2012 06:13, Carlos Roberto de Oliveira Júnior
<carlos.roberto@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> I have two physical servers, both running Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS 64bits and
> Xen 4.1. I tried to use your Ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine image but I've got
> an error message. I would appreciate if you can help me. I'm sending you the
> error message and the configuration files on server1.zip.
>
> In the second physical machine, I'm trying to run a virtual machine that I
> had already used in older Ubuntu and Xen versions but I'm also finding
> problems to run this virtual machine in Ubuntu 12.04. I'm asking for your
> help because you are an professional that might find these problems
> sometimes.
>
> thanks in advance,
> --
> Prof. Carlos Roberto de Oliveira Junior
> IFRJ - Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia do Rio De Janeiro
> Coordenador do Curso Técnico em Informática
> Campus Arraial do Cabo

Hi,

You haven't setup Xen on the Ubuntu dom0 correctly yet.
By the looks of it you are trying to use the xm toolstack but xend is
not running.
You can try a) starting xend by running the xend and xencommons
initscripts or b) use the xl toolstack.

To use xl (which I recommend as xm is deprecated) change
TOOLSTACK="xm" to TOOLSTACK="xl" in /etc/default/xen and reboot.
Be sure to start xencommons.

After this is done the VMs should start fine.

Joseph.

--
CTO | Orion Virtualisation Solutions | www.orionvm.com.au
Phone: 1300 56 99 52 | Mobile: 0428 754 846