[Xen-users] DomU loses 2 month data after lost electricity

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Casper <kl@xxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:33:19 +0300
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:34:22 +0000

 Hello,

I tried to research about something like lost data on DomU, didn`t find any clue. My electricity power went out for server and I started server couple hours after and I got lost on DomU 2 month data. On Dom0 seems to be all ok, on DomU was data before last reboot, two month ago. Dom0 and DomU is on the same discs, on raid1(mirror) only separated by partitions. DomU on top lvm and ext3 fs used in xen with phy discs. Don`t use snapshotting, Debian 6 os with xen 4.0.1 server installed from original packages. Raid discs all working ok, no other clue what went wrong. Two month black hole. Seems it was not hacked because it lost data around loosing electricity time and packages in this working time was updated, but now it has two month old again and need updates again. Any idea what went wrong with fs and how it could lost data till last DomU reboot(not Dom0)?
Configuration is simple and used many years on many servers...

Thanks,
Casper