Re: [Xen-users] resize disk image partition

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kristoffer Harthing Egefelt <k@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 05:59:45 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:01:08 +0000

> Sure it is.

Great!

>It works automatically if both your xen and domU kernel is new enough.

I'm running debian sid with 3.2.0-2-amd64 on both dom0 and domU and xen 4.1.
Do you know if this version should work?

> Other methods, including the partitionless-disk-resize, is either not
> recommended,
> requires some special setup, or simply don't work.

Could you tell me why the image resize is a bad idea compared to LVM?
Unstable, errorprone commands or..?
I'd like to test the resize of disk images thoroughly before going for a LVM
setup - the whole setup seems much simpler without LVM and all it's
duplicate UUIDs etc...

Thanks ;-)