Re: [Xen-users] libvirt without xend ?

On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 20:21 +0100, Emmanuel COURCELLE wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying a new xen installation, with Debian testing + Xen 4.1
> (provided by the distribution)
> I use the xl stack, as it was reported that the xm stack is obsolete.
> Consequently, the xend daemon does not start when the server boots.
>
> However, I would like to use the libvirt tools (the distribution ones,
> too)  to manage the guests: virt-install, etc. BUT when I start one of
> those tools, it says that it cannot connect the localhost:8000.
>
> I found the fix:
>      1/ change the parameter: (xend-unix-server yes) in the file
> /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
>      2/ Start xend
>
> BUT is there any better choice, rather than using an obsolete daemon for
> using libvirt ?

IIRC the was a libxl plugin for libvirt targeting the Xen 4.1 version of
libxl and it was accepted by libvirt upstream. However I don't know
which (if any) libvirt releases it was part of nor if they are included
in the libvirt packaging in Debian. Probably one for the Debian libvirt
maintainer.

Ian.