Re: [Xen-users] Physical cdrom passthrough to windows 7 DomU, bsod bug

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:39:51PM +0100, Matthew Dean wrote:
> I'm currently using xen 4.1 on an Ubuntu 12.04 Dom0 and I'm trying
> to passthrough the machines phyical cdom drive as
> 'phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r' in the config file.  If a cd is present
> in the drive on bootup everything works fine; I can read data from
> the disk, eject it and so on.  If however the drive is empty on
> startup I get a bsod of type driver_irql_not_less_or_equal.  Does
> anyone know what causes this or a work around?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Matthew Dean

Hello,

I added xen-devel to CC list.
Has anyone else seen this bug?

Some questions:
- Is your Windows VM using PV drivers? if yes, which version?
- Is it 32bit or 64 bit win7 ?
- What exact Xen hypervisor version are you using?
- Did you try with the latest Xen 4.1.3 release?
- Do you get errors in dom0 kernel dmesg, or in Xen dmesg, or in xend log?

-- Pasi