Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2 TODO (io and irq parameter are not evaluated by xl)

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 11:07 +0100, Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Aug 14, Ian Campbell wrote:
>
> > tools, blockers:
> >
> >     * xl compatibility with xm:
> >
> >         * No known issues
>
> the parameter io and irq in domU config files are not evaluated by xl.
> So it is not possible to passthrough a parallel port for my printer to
> domU when I start the domU with xl command.
> With xm I have no issue.

Do you have a reference to the actual syntax you are using?

As usual with xend this syntax appears to be mostly undocumented...

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Configuration_File_Options seems to suggest
that you can give the ioports multiple times, rather than the more usual
approach of using an array. Whereas
http://cmrg.fifthhorseman.net/wiki/xen seems to suggest that an array is
how it is done. Perhaps the xen.org wiki is just badly worded and it is
array based.

Ian.