Re: [Xen-users] Ceph + RBD + Xen: Complete collapse -> Network issue in domU / Bad data for OSD / OOM Kill

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Alex Elder <elder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 08/30/2012 09:06 AM, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>> I posted the following comments on IRC but am putting it here
>> just so it's visible along with the original post.  All of the
>> following is deduced from about 10 minutes of scanning through
>> unfamiliar code, so I may be way off.  (I've edited my the
>> comments I posted for readability.)
>>
>> The code is in drivers/net/xen-netfront.c, in the function
>> xennet_get_responses().
>
> IIRC that's the xen PV driver.

I've been digging a bit and it seems issuing a

ethtool -K vif1.0 tx off

in the dom0 prevents the issue.

Note that it needs to be in the dom0 on the VIF and not in the domU on
the eth0 interface like I originally tried. It's also not enough to
disable gso and/or tso, you need to turn off all tx accel.

I will start another subject in xen-devel seems it appears to be a bug
in the PV driver.

Cheers,

    Sylvain