Re: [Xen-users] Severe dom0 performance issues after installing Xen

...not shure what's going on there, but would try following things:

- try to boot with kernel options noapic
- try to pin one CPU directly to Dom0 and set max cpu to 1 on Dom0 (xen and
kernel options)
- try to boot with disabled acpi etc.
- try to find out "what" is slow, i.e. I/O, CPU, net etc and what not

Is there any "point" to recognize during boot when the system "got slow"?

Best regards,

Niels.

"Raj Mathur (ààà ààààà)" <raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

>On Tuesday 04 Sep 2012, Keith Buck wrote:
>> I'm experiencing some severe performance issues running Xen 4.0.1
>> with a cleanly-installed Debian 6 dom0.  Prior to installation, the
>> machine's performance was fine, but after installation booting takes
>> anywhere from 5 to 20 times longer, processes take a long time to
>> start, and SSH lags.  No domUs are running (or have been created
>> yet).  I can switch back to running without Xen (but still using the
>> Xen-compatible kernel) and the performance problems disappear.
>
>Probably a stupid question, but sometime we miss the obvious: did you
>make any networking changes?  Specifically, could this problem be due
>not being able to reverse resolve IP addresses on your machine?
>
>Regards,
>
>-- Raj
>--
>Raj Mathur                          || raju@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   || GPG: