Re: [Xen-users] Nvidia: card fails to work in EITHER dom0 or domU -- any advice?

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 06:11:57PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 03:37:23PM -0700, Brian Johnson wrote:
> >    Hi all,
> >    I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 that I'd like to use in a Xen
> >    configuration.  I don't care if it's used by dom0 or by a linux domU
> >    guest, either would be OK for my purposes.  Since getting this card, I've
> >    experimented with Linux 3.4.6 and Xen 4.1.2 and determined the following:
> >    1. The card works correctly under a linux kernel without Xen running.
> >    2. The Nvidia proprietary drivers do not function in a dom0 setting,
> >    because PAT is disabled in the dom0 kernel.  The driver detects this and
> >    refuses to run.
> >

> Hmmm.. maybe Konrad (cc) can tell more about the PAT stuff.

You could revert one patch and insert two other ones that make PAT work.

Look at
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-05/msg02277.html

ah, but the resolution never got copied.

If you can revert 8eaffa67b43e99ae581622c5133e20b0f48bcef1
and merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git
stable/for-x86

Or here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/qubes-devel/MyVtKaKfqIM