Re: [Xen-users] Xen Networking

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Vinicius Kwiecien Ruoso
<vinicius.ruoso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've tried those with different configurations in /etc/network/interfaces
>
> using:
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>   address 172.16.10.1
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> auto xenbr0
> iface xenbr0 inet static
>  address 172.16.10.50
>  netmask 255.255.255.0
>  bridge_ports eth0
>

> also didn't work. When I configure the interfaces like this and run
> /etc/init.d/networking restart, the eth0 looses it IP address, and
> nothing works anymore...

Duh. Your config is wrong.

If eth0 is part of the bridge, then you put the IP on the bridge, not on eth0.
Examples (both assume you use dhcp, adjust as needed):
-
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Beginners_Guide#Setup_Linux_Bridge_for_guest_networking
- http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Ubuntu/Bridge

--