Re: [Xen-users] xen-hypervisor and dynamic memory?

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Eddy Ilg <me@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Xen List,
>

> I am new to xen and have successfully setup a dom-0 and some dom-Us. The
> only drawback is that I'd like to assign a fixed minimum amount of memory to
> the dom-Us and allow them to make dynamic use of still available memory
> (like a memory pool).
>
> Is this possible at all with xen-hypervisor? (I didn't find any solutions)

Short answer: no.

Long answer: probably yes, if you use tmem-enabled kernels. This
thread (and the links in it) probably gives most info:
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/Transcendent-Memory-quot-tmem-quot-capable-kernel-now-publicly-released-td5587302.html

--
Fajar