Re: [Xen-users] Unable to start Windows 8 HVM guest with Xen VGA Passthrough with Xen 4.2.1-pre

Hello Teo,

That output is identical to the errors I had a few days ago, which was related to available RAM.

Ian helped me debug it, said xl was having a ballooning problem and couldn't free up enough RAM in time to start my HVM.

His suggested solution was to assign a fixed amount of RAM to Dom0 and turn off ballooning.

Prior to this I had been letting Dom0 take all the RAM, but this problem was fixed by adding dom0_mem to grub.cfg and setting a fixed value.

Have you tried re-running the xl create command after the first error? There are commands to move RAM around at run-time as well that you could try.

~Casey