Re: [Xen-users] repeated domU filesystem corruption

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Robert Rust <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm being plagued by repeated corruption of file systems for a few of my
> DomUs.  I originally thought it was a failing hard drive, so I've replaced
> the hard drive but my problems continue.  I always end up with the following
> on the DomU console:
> [177949.345654] EXT3-fs (xvda2): error in ext3_new_inode: IO failure
> [177949.345669] Aborting journal on device xvda2.
>
> I'm using LVMs to house my file systems.  Can anyone help me root out what
> the cause of this is?  Is it reasonable to blame software for this?

IIRC I had something like that a long time ago, and it was solved by
xen update. Can't remember exactly which version though.
Try using the latest version, either from upstream directly, or one
that your distro bundled.

... And if you're using distro-bundled version, make sure to file a
bug fix/support request to the distro/package maintainers.

--
Fajar