Re: [Xen-users] blktap vs qemu backend

On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 12:54 +0100, Kristoffer Harthing Egefelt wrote:
> >You probably need to get out your coding gloves though I'm afraid.
>
> I will try and let you know ;-) but I'm wondering what the difference is
> between the two blktaps - why is xen not shipping with the blktap from
> github if it got more features?

The github one was a somewhat unintentional fork of the in-tree one by
the XCP/XenServer folks and the in tree one has lagged somewhat.

Thanos is working on resolving that fork as part of his blktap3 effort,
which apart from taking the github stuff also removes the need for the
kernel driver.

> Could it be that some functionality will be missing from the github blktap
> if I just replace xen blktap utils?

If anything I would expect github to have more not less features.

Ian.