[Xen-users] virt-manager vs xentop

Hi,

To identify the suitable virtualization technology for a project, we were evaluating XEN against openVZ in terms of CPU usage for a networking application. The networking application indulges heavily in data transfer between the virtual nodes/containers/OS's inside a high end machine. While measuring the CPU usage of XEN, we see that the CPU usage indicated by the virt-manager tool and xentop are way different. In a four core machine, virt-manager indicates a cpu usage of 40% where as xentop 130%.

The domU's are configured with a virtual cpu value 1.
Xen version used was 3.4.2.

Thanks,
Mahesh