Re: [Xen-users] Compile xen.efi

I will sent them when I am back home, but have no access to them right now as I
am on work, sorry.

> >   ld: unrecognized option '--enable-targets=x86_64-pep'
> >   ld: use the --help option for usage information
> > which should have been a strong hint that passing the option to the
> > Xen build was not correct.
The build did not end with errors, but as I found something similar to ld:
unrecognized option '--enable-targets=x86_64-pep' I also suspected that it was
wrong what I did.

> > AIUI if the binutils is suitably capable the Xen build will
> > automatically include the efi target in the build with no need for
> > additional options.
This is the portion where my problem actually is. I am currently using the
latest packages from the Ubuntu 12.10 repository. Which states in the change
log for binutils that --enable-targets=x86_64-pep is added to enable building
xen.efi. But with "make dist-xen" I get the massages "EFI support disabled".

> > Running "ld -m \?" should tell you which targets your binutils supports, it
> > needs to include x86_64-pep and/or i386pep I think.
Thanks for this hint, seems I couldn't find it in my googling late last night.

I will give it a try this afternoon and add the build log.

Thanks for your time, Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen