Re: [Xen-users] repeated domU filesystem corruption

I am already running EXT3 volumes, so I have added that option to see if it
helps.  Since I forgot to include in original post...
distro: Ubuntu 12.0.4.1 LTS 64-bit
kernel: 3.2.0-31-generic #50
Xen package: xen-hypervisor-4.1-amd64         4.1.2-2ubuntu2.2

We'll see if I can go a week without corruption with the barrier=0 option.
I looked into filing a bug per Fajar's suggestion, but I'm not sure how I'd
go about gathering the data they want given the nature of Xen (gather data
in DomU or Dom0?

If the error is in domU, then domU's console (and possibly syslog)
messages is usually helpful

is gathering the data several hours after the corruption
occurs acceptable since it's not always immediately apparent?).

Usually you'll be able to speed it up by doing things like:
- sync
- apt-get update
- fio

I'm still having problems with the originally reported error cropping up every few days. I've set up a domU specifically for trying to generate the problem on demand and have been beating on it with fio and phoronix test suite for the past hour or so to no avail. :/

This is baffling and frustrating me. Are there suggested tips for eliminating variables? Is there a way to move a pv domU filesystem into a container file (like a vhd file) and would that eliminate anything from the equation?

I'd like to avoid package maintainer finger pointing if I file a bug.

-Robert