Re: [Xen-users] Windows 7 already installed

  • To: Simon Vernhes <simon@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 14:40:25 +0000
  • Accept-language: da-DK, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 14:42:05 +0000

Just a comment on your hardware or more specific you processer. The i5 3570K
does not support VT-d which will be a showstopper for the heavy graphic games
in a windows domU as you will need pci passthrough. You can find the
specification here:
http://ark.intel.com/products/65520/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz
 .

> * Partition :
>    - sda1 : Windows 7 (boot ?) partition
>    - sda2 : Windows 7 OS - NTFS
>    - sda3 : NTFS partition
>    - sda4 : ext4 Archlinux/Xen
> * Also, i would like to use passthrough for Windows
>
> Is there a good example of xen configuration for this particular use ?
>

> Thanks
> Simon.

/kristian