Re: [Xen-users] My failures so far. Or qemu-stable or upstream?

Xen 4.2 compiled from source should include both traditional and upstream qemu.

Upstream does not have complete passthrough support, if you are doing anything of that nature best to stick to traditional.

The Xen Man Pages have the most up to date configuration:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_4.2_Man_Pages

The flag to set per HVM Configuration is `device_model_version`, its values are "qemu-xen" and "qemu-xen-traditional", the traditional being the default. ÂKey benefits are alternative BIOS, though the UEFI BIOS has to be specified to build when compiling Xen.