[Xen-users] [Just a new try] Questsions about Stubdomains

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: xen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:22:13 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:23:53 +0000

Hello all,

I hope that it now works and there is no longer problems with my mailsystem. It could be that it already worked but it doesn't look like because the mail don't came back from the list.

I am trying to setup stubdomains for my running domains on Xen 4.2. I read this wiki articles:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/StubDom
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Device_Model_Stub_Domains

I am able to activate a stubdomain for a normal domain but this domain is so basic in it's resources (e.g. 32MB RAM) that the normal guest can't be used. How can I tell the domain that it should use a stubdomain with an explicit configuration? Do I need to create a config file for the stubdomain in the same folder where the configuration for the normal domain is stored? Or how could I do this?

And should I use stubdomains for PV and HVM guest or does only HVM guests support stubdomains?

Would be greate to get a few answers.

Best Regards