Re: [Xen-users] How to edit precopy algorithm

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 04:42 +0000, digvijay chauhan wrote:
> Hello,
>           I am new to Xen, and I have taken my project on Xen. I want
> to know what can I do in xen so that my project can be reviewed
> successfully.If I want to live migrate the virtual machine using xen,
> then what are the options available to carry out the work.

I'm afraid you'll need to be much more specific about what you are
trying to do. http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Asking_Xen_Devel_Questions
contains some useful advice in that regard.

Also if you are intending to do development rather than just using Xen
you may want to consider taking this to the xen-devel@ list instead.

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches contains some general
advice on how to submit patches.

>  If say, I want to edit the code of precopy algorithm then what to do?

The migration algorithm is implemented in
tools/libxc/xc_domain_{save,restore}.c

Ian.