Re: [Xen-users] Intellicache configuration on XCP 1.6

Ok, more information.

I've reinstalled XCP on my two hosts, and checked the right boxes in the installer to allow for Intellicache.

Now I have two different VMs, one which is using the cache and one that isn't.

Here's the diff between the two VDI:

Works with Intellicache:  sm-config (MRO): caching: true; on_boot: persist; host_OpaqueRef:b099215b-faac-22b8-e1b3-f9355bb0bdfe: RW; vhd-parent: e2ff8404-ba95-4e07-a6f6-c58689a07cc8
---
Does not work with Intellicache:  sm-config (MRO): host_OpaqueRef:77395969-51ea-3fa2-a584-e3e1b83ff90d: RW

Does intellicache only work with with disks which have other disks as parents (were made from templates)?  Do the 'caching' and 'on_boot' params matter in the sm-config map?  If so, how did they get there?  To my knowledge, I did nothing to put them there.

Again, any help is appreciated.