[Xen-users] Vif:s stop working when USB sound is played (win7 HVM, possibly GPLPV related)

Dear list members,

I recently re-encountered a problem which I thought I had solved before, but the former solution turned out non-replicable.

System: xen4.1 + gentoo 3.2.12, win7 as HVM guest with a radeon video card and a Texas instruments xhci (usb3) controller passed through
xl toolstack
GPLPV 0.11.0.356 drivers installed in guest, _except_ XenUsb
Creative usb headset connected to the (passed-through) USB controller, together with keyboard and mouse

Symptom: whenever sound is played via the USB headset, network connection disappears entirely. Connection returns immediately when playback stops, though.

This occurs in a fresh win7 HVM installation. However, in an earlier almost identical installation I had the same problem, after installing all the GPLPV drivers (including XenUsb). Back then, the problem disappeared after removing the XenUsb driver, leading me to assume that XenUsb was source of the problem. But apparently this is not the explanation, since the problem shows up today even without the XenUsb driver. I can still boot up the old HVM system in which sound and networking works, the driver configs are very similar as far as I can see.

What I have NOT tested:
I have not managed to remove the XenNet driver - trying that gave me a bluescreen followed by system restore at reboot. I could reinstall, but XenNet and USB audio have successfully co-existed before.
I have not tried any non-USB audio devices - none are available to me
I have not tried installing and then removing XenUsb - I don't see what it could possibly change

It is possible that I did something else at the same time as removing the XenUsb driver last time, confounding the explanation. Since I haven't tried without GPLPV, i cannot be sure that it is related to GPLPV at all. In both installs, I configured GPLPV before trying sound. So that suspicion might be misdirected. Any thoughts?

Thanks
/Andreas

Appendix: hvm config file

kernel = "hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 8192
name = "w7"
uuid = "<*uuid removed*>"
vcpus=6
vif = ['type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:68:08:6c, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [
'phy:/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_OCZ-VERTEX4_OCZ-J2OL048KN21RJXW4,hda,w',
'file:/usr/iso/en_windows_7_professional_x64_dvd_X15-65805.iso,hdd:cdrom,r'
]
device_model = 'qemu-dm'
boot="cd"
sdl=0