Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible to do a dual-boot?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:36:59 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 23:37:38 +0000

El 27/12/12 16:44, Jihed M'selmi escribió:
Actually, I want to create my own test-bed based on xen hypervisor with
centos prefered.
However, all I have is one desktop (with a good hardware performance).
So it possible to have a dual-boot (a linux for daily use and the other
for the test-bed) ?
Consider your xen hypervisor just as other Linux. Treat as any other multi-boot case.

In my opinion, it's not very comfortable to perform tests while the regular desktop is unavailable (together with your reference notes, bookmarks and mail client). If you are limited to a single computer, two things may be done: - Use nested visualization. As example, Xen hypervisor works great under VirtualBox, as far as you don't try to run HVM guests. - Use the Dom0 itself as desktop. Not a good idea for production environment, but this is a test, after all.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov