Re: [Xen-users] Problems with p2v / HVM not booting

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andreas Hilboll <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:07:02 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 15:08:23 +0000

> did you install bootloader during domU system installation?

Jan, thanks, that was indeed it! I was lucky to be able to find a
OpenSuSE 10.3 installation ISO with which I could install the base
system into my HVM domU, which does indeed boot correctly now =) As a
next step, I'll rsync the physical server's filesystem into the freshly
installed HVM guest (I'll be sure to make a backup of that one first ;),
and I expect everything to go smoothly.

Thanks again. Cheers,
Andreas.