Re: [Xen-users] Lots of IOAPIC or GSI related errors

On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 07:34 +0000, Sven KÃhler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting lots of IOAPIC and GSI related errors, both in xen's and the
> dom0 kernel's dmesg (see below).
>
> It might have to do with the fact, that I added "acpi=ht" to my xen
> command line. Previously to adding that, the errors didn't show up. But
> I added it, because it was said to fix my reboot problems. But along
> with adding acpi=ht, I also upgraded dom0 to kernel 3.7.1.

Any chance you could separate those two changes and isolatethe one which
causes the problem?

The docs for acpi=ht say:
        Using `acpi=ht` causes Xen to parse the ACPI tables enough to
        enumerate all CPUs, but will not use other ACPI features.  This is not
        common, and only has an effect if your system is blacklisted.

I doubt this is what you want for a reboot issue.

You should probably investigate the reboot= options instead.

Ian.