Re: [Xen-users] libxl_list_domain: Permission denied

On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 21:33 +0000, Skippy VonDrake wrote:
> Installed both Xen-4.1.3 and 4.2.1 on the same system - Ubuntu Precise.
>
> Used same method of installing - from source ('make world' etc.)
> 4.2.1 works as expected.
>
> 4.1.3 gives this error:
>
> $ sudo xl list
> libxl: error: libxl.c:556:libxl_list_domain: geting domain info list:
> Permission denied

This is almost always down to a mistmatch between the tools and the
hypervisor, if you are running the 4.1.3 hypervisor then this suggests
that it is likely that you are picking up the 4.2.1 version of xl.

I expect you installed 4.1.3 first and then 4.2.1 so the 4.2.1 tools are
what is currently on the system. Xen doesn't really support multiple
concurrent installations like this, although the Debian (and therefore
the Ubuntu) packages do patch things in various ways to improve on this
(I'm not sure if you are installing from source or packages though).

Ian.