Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2.1 boot failure with IOMMU enabled

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: povder <povder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:53:34 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:55:57 +0000

> A search of the mailing list brought up a thread from June of 2010,
> stating that IOMMU was reported working on the board you have.  You
> might want to try a BIOS version that was current at that time, and
> work your way forward until it breaks.  The latest BIOS I saw from
> that period was 0901.  You could try that and work your way back.

I tried to downgrade BIOS to 0901 version but no matter how hard i tried
various BIOS update utilities won't allow me to downgrade to 0901.
I even took the risk of cutting off power during flashing 3029 version
to install 0901 from BIOS recovery mode but even in recovery mode
I couldn't flash 0901 - I got message "Image is outdated".

I managed to downgrade to various different versions though (starting
from v1006), and I still cannot boot with IOMMU enabled, so I switched
back to v3029.

Can I be sure that Xen error message
"(XEN) Xen BUG at pci_amd_iommu.c:35" is caused by a buggy BIOS?