[Xen-users] Problems running xen-tools on guest

I built xen 4.1.3 from source on a 32-bit 12.04 Ubuntu host. I then created a 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 PV guest. The gust is running fine, but I want to be able to check the xenstore from within the DomU. The guest is using 3.2.0-35 version of the kernel with virtualization extensions.

I followed the instructions here: http://dist.epipe.com/freebsd/HOWTO-xen-tools.txt

When I try to run any of the xenstore commands I get an error message saying “No such file or directory”.

I searched and came up with this: http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-05/msg00035.html but there doesn’t seem to be a xenfs for me to mount.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Robbie VanVossen