Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu domU

It's exactly the same on a remote system like on a local system. When you want to setup a PV DomU create an disk image (*.img, LVM, ...), format it with a filesystem (e.g. ext4), mount the volume, debootstrap Ubuntu, modify/create the needed systemconfig files in the new created environment
 and set a root password, unmount the volume, create a DomU configuration file and start the guest. Everything should work well, if you need more information or help for one of the steps pleas tell us.

Best Regards

2013/1/23 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 2013-01-23 at 08:23 +0000, Muzaffer Tolga Özses wrote:
> What is the correct way to install Ubuntu server as a domU, on a remote
> dom0? Xen wiki describes installing locally, but this is a remote server.

I think it ought to be mostly the same except you login to the remote
server using ssh instead of the local console.

e.g. picking a guide at random
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Ubuntu_10.04_domU seems like it ought to work
in just the same way over ssh as it would in a local terminal window.

Ian