Re: [Xen-users] No network after restore of PV domU

On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 09:18 +0000, CÃdric TINTANET wrote:
> Hi.
> When i shutdown my dom0 (debian squeeze kernel 2.6.32-5) all the domU
> are saved.
> When the dom0 restart all the DomU domains are restored. --> Normal
>
> But for the PVs domU, when they are restored I have no network anymore.
> I need to type these commands to put the network up
>
> xm console domuPV
> (login ...)
> ping gateway -->( no response)
> ifdown eth0
> ifup eth0
> ping gateway --> ok
>
> Is there a work around to this bug ?

IIRC some versions of the kernel, including the original Squeeze kernel
but not the latest, needed you to set a sysctl in order to send the
gratuitous ARP after migration/restore, look for arp_notify in sysctl in
the guest.

Not sure if this is related to that though, since outgoing traffic isn't
typically affected. Would be interesting to see `brctl` in dom0 and
`ifconfig -a` in both dom0 and domU before and after you apply the
workaround you describe.

Ian.