Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3 + Eucalyptus 3.1.2

On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 16:44 +0000, Felipe Gutierrez wrote:
> I was on some discussion on Eucalyptus list and the guys said at Xen 3
> is not necessary to change the /etc/network/interface file to make a
> bridge. At Xen4 I have to, as said at
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

This is true, although I think that was a change in Xen 4.1 not Xen 4.
Also it is only true that it is required if you are sing the new xl
toolstack, if you use xend (which I imagine Eucalyptus does, since xl
only arrived in 4.1) then it is optional and by default continues to
behave pretty much like it always did.

This change is described in
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Network_Configuration_Examples_%28Xen_4.1%2B%29

I'm not familiar with Eucalyptus, so I'm not sure how much it would care
about this change, either Xend does it or the admin does it -- why would
Eucalyptus care which? IOW it's true that something has changed but its
not obvious to me why this would imply that Eucalyptus only works with
Xen 3.x.

This might be something to bring up on the eucalyptus list in any case.
Looking at google it seems like people are indeed using Euc with Xen 4.x

> And on this site
> http://grokbase.com/t/centos/centos/088n69vt08/xen-bridged-networking-config
> say something about NAT on Xen.

I don't know about this one, but I can't see what this link has to do
with either Eucalyptus or Xen 3.x vs 4.x.

Ian.