Re: [Xen-users] Xen IBM X3400 boots dead

  • From: Zary Matej <matej.zary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:31:32 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 22:32:53 +0000

Hi, there's

First, I would probably delete the "quiet" kernel boot parameter from grub.cfg
- IIRC it should provide you with much more info during the boot process
without this parameter, so maybe there will be something interesting. :)
Of course, for what its worth, if you have serial port on the server, serial
console tend to be quite useful for debugging xen/kernel booting problems -
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console

And looking at yout grub config from your first email, I don't see the  pure
2.6.32.57 (without Xen) entry there. So are you sure you've tried the non RHEL
2.6.32.57 kernel baremetal (without Xen)? :)

Matej