Re: [Xen-users] Using Ipv4 and IPv6 Subnet

Am 06.02.2013 17:42, schrieb Simon Hobson:
Thore wrote:
I have a xenbr0
Then there is nothing Xen-specific to set up

Some time before I set this in my /etc/network/interfaces
#iface eth0 inet6 static
#  address 2a01:4f8:140:1:2
#  netmask 64
#  gateway fe80::1
fe80 addresses are self-assigned link-local, and you probably don't have an
fe80::1 on the network. You need to set both a valid address and gateway.
2a01:4f8:140:1:2 is not a valid IPv6 address - is there a typo there (too few
groups, is there a :: missing) ?
The gateway might be configured by Route Advertisement broadcasts, or it might
be configured manually - what does your hoster tell you to use ?

At the moment it is inaktive.
I have 3 IPv4 Adresses, no Subnet.
Actually, you will have a subnet, but most likely you have 3 IPs from a larger
subnet shared with other hosting clients.

Hetzner says:

## /etc/network/interfaces example Hetzner root server
# Loopback-Adapter
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# LAN interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
  # Main IP address of the server
  address 192.168.0.250
  # Netmask 255.255.255.255 (/32) independent from the
  # real subnet size (e.g. /27)
  netmask 255.255.255.255
  # explicit host route to the gateway
  gateway 192.168.0.1
  pointopoint 192.168.0.1

iface eth0 inet6 static
  # Main IPv6 Address of the server
  address 2a01:4f8:61:20e1::2
  netmask 64
  gateway fe80::1

when I change it to my adresses, it would work, but how can I set it up for the domU's?
I think I had to enable the script in the xend config.
but what else I had to change?
Add the address in the .cfg file?
I read that xen is able to use both.
But can I only use the xenbr0 or need I another bridge and another interface for the domU?

regards
Thore