[Xen-users] Dom0 freeze on HVM DomU Windows reboot with VGA passthrough

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Howell Tam <pigeon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:58:53 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:00:39 +0000

Hi,

        I'm doing VGA passthrough for an ATI (HD 6770) graphics card to
a DomU Windows. The passthrough itself is working. However, everytime
when I reboot the DomU Windows, the whole machine freezes.

        I see no error messages from Dom0 kernel or the xen qemu log
(or perhaps I haven't got the most verbose debugging turned on?).
Though from what I can tell, the the freeze happens when DomU
starts again, not the shutdown.

        Is there any pointers on how I could debug this?

        Xen 4.2.1, Dom0 is Linux 3.2.36, with xl passthrough. I have
tried both WinXP and Win7 and both shows the same result.

        Thanks!

--
Regards,
Howell.