[Xen-users] [SOLVED] Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] Recent hypervisor update on Debian Wheezy breaks domU networking

On 18 February 2013 16:32, Ian Campbell <ijc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 13:51 +0000, Gavin wrote:

> <stumped! />

If the kernel hasn't changed and you are 100% sure the network
configuration before and after the reboot is the same then so am I.

All I can suggest is to reinstall the previous version of Xen.

Thanks very much for all your assistance Ian, the problem was with the network.

We introduced  a second switch into the stack and it seems like it was our bond interface to the switch that caused this particular issue.

We were using bond mode 5 since that works for us elsewhere and did not think that this could be the problem since we were seeing the arp-replies reach the host bridge interface.

As per Xen recommendations I tried mode 7 but that too did not work.

Once configured to use bond mode 1 (active-backup) this all started working again.

Apologies for the run-around, the false accusations and also the cross-posting, have a few hours before going live with this platform and was under a fair amount of pressure.

All good now!!  :)

Regards,
Gavin